Sunday, November 3, 2013

3 Months with Baby E

This post is only about a week late, but Baby E is now 3 months old. In some ways the time has flown and in others it seems like it has taken forever. It has definitely been memorable and we managed to survive the third trimester.

Baby E is doing great and growing a ton. She now smiles a lot and will giggle at you. I think my heart melts every time she giggles because it is so cute! 

Smiling and Laughing
She has also found her thumb and has started sucking it. I am glad she has figured out some self soothing, but I wish she would take one of the 7 different pacifiers we have given her. She likes to hug her wubanub while sucking her thumb...sigh.

Sucking her thumb is more and more common.

When I weighed her about 2 weeks ago she was at 13 lbs 1 oz. I don't know how long she is, but she is starting to grow out her 3 month clothes. A couple of days ago I dug out and washed some bigger clothes, but I am not quite ready for her to start wearing them yet.

She is rolling onto her side more and more and I think she is going to go all the way over one of these days. Baby E also has really good head control and likes sitting in her Bumbo seat and looking around. Thankfully she also still enjoys being in the Ergo carrier because that is my favorite way to carry her when we are out.

Loving the Bumbo

In the Ergo at the Halloween Party
Baby E's first Halloween was a lot of fun. We went to her youngest cousin's preschool Halloween party and then trick or treating with all her cousins. She didn't actually trick or treat, but we walked around and showed her off. Her Eeyore costume was ridiculously cute.

Costumes with ears are so cute.
Sleep at night is still going well and naps are still hit or miss. She has been doing better with naps since going to daycare. I know we need to transition her from being swaddled in the rock and play to sleeping without a swaddle in her crib, but I am not ready for that yet. The nursery is still a work in progress and her crib is still in a box. The goal is to have it together by Thanksgiving and then start the transition her to the room and eventually the crib.

There have been a couple of big milestones the past few weeks. I started back to work and Baby E started in daycare. Those first few days were rough....on me. Baby E has done really well. Daycare is close to work, so I go at lunch to visit and nurse her. I have also figured out my groove for pumping at work. 

Baby E also had her first cold last week week. The funny thing is that I can't even blame it on daycare. My husband brought it home from work, then passed it to me and we passed it to the baby. She has been a trouper through the whole thing. (The Nose Frida is also the best thing ever invented).

As for me, I am doing alright. Some days I feel like I have it together and others I feel like I am not doing anything very well. My brain is still a little foggy at work, but the fog seems to be clearing a little more each day. The transition back to work has been hard. I enjoy what I am doing, but I don't feel like I have enough time for anything. I think that is the fun of being a mom.

I am back running pretty consistently with 3 runs a week. My husband and I take turns in the morning with one of us running and the other staying home with the baby. I even did my first postpartum race. I have dreams of other work outs, but those have yet to happen. I am down to my pre-baby weight, but nothing seems to fit quite right and overall I feel pretty frumpy. I have managed to dry my hair a couple of times this week and that helps me feel a little more put together.

I am also still dealing with some pain in my wrists that is left over from pregnancy. Later today I go to an orthopedic doctor for further evaluation. Hopefully he will have some answers, because this really is not fun.

Any tips for transitioning a little one to sleeping in a crib? Any advice for postpartum wrist pain?