I have been doing a lot of thinking and have come up with reasons both for and against running this race. They are pretty evenly split, so that doesn't really help.
Reasons not to race:
- It is a 5k and that is not my favorite distance.
- I am still working out some issues with my hip, so I can't push it during the race. I do not want to aggravate it again, because it was pretty painful.
- I am running really, really slowly right now.
- My longest run in 6 weeks has been 2.6 miles.
- It is a women's only event so my husband, and running buddy, can't run with me. (This is not a deciding factor, but it is rare for us to race separately.)
- It is a 5k and that is the perfect distance for me right now because of not wanting to push it.
- There are going to be walkers, so even with as slow as I am going, I will likely not be the slowest person on the course.
- Overall, my hip is feeling good and my past couple of runs have felt great.
- I really, really want to run it.
- It is a women's only event, so the other racers should be pretty supportive.
Right now my plan is to run at least 3 miles tomorrow and then make the call. What would you do...race or not race?