Marathon training was hard and there were times when I thought I wouldn’t want to run another distance event, but I am really itching to run another race. It seems like the more races I run, the more races I want to do. It is almost like a vicious circle, but at least it is one that is good for me. The hard thing is that I want to do all these races now. Unfortunately, even if I had unlimited time and funds, that is not possible. So for now I will come up with my list of must do races. Here is my race bucket list.
- Monument – 10K
- Gasparilla Distance Classic Half Marathon
- ING Miami Half Marathon
- Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
- Space Coast Half Marathon
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathons in Savannah and Las Vegas
- St. Petersburg Women’s Half Marathon
- Pittsburgh Half Marathon
- Marine Corps Marathon
- OUC Half Marathon
- Cooper River Bridge run
- Chip n’ Dale Relay at the Walt Disney World Marathon
- Key Largo Bridge Run
- Ragnar Relay – Key West (I need to find some more friends to run this one with me)
I know that I don’t have Chicago or New York on this list. As much as I hate to admit it, I am not really interested in those races. They are late in the year, especially New York, and I don’t want to deal with the cold. That is also why there are a number of warm place races on my list.
I love reading race recaps and as I read more I am sure this list will grow. What races are on your bucket list?