Fall used to be my favorite time of year. When we were living in Florida, fall meant that it got cooler, you know down to the low 80s, less humid and it meant that the holidays were just around the corner. Since moving north, my love for this time of year has faded rather dramatically. I still love the anticipation leading up to the holiday season, but when getting cooler actually means it gets cold (anything below 60), this time of year is not nearly as much fun. This is my third fall in the north and once again, as soon as the days start to get shorter and weather starts to get chilly, I get crabby.
This year the negative funk has been particularly hard to shake. I think that the permanence of being here has set in and that, coupled with a slightly crazy workload, has been a little rough. It also seems that since Labor Day, the weather on the weekends has been pretty terrible; so we didn’t get to do some of the things we wanted to this fall. The thing that I need to remember is that while my life is not exactly what I would like right now, I have so many things to be thankful for. My goal for November is to focus on all the good things I have in my life.
November is a time to take stock in and remember all the things I have to be thankful for. We are just over a week into this month, and so I am going to share some of the things.
- My Husband – I am lucky enough to be married to my best friend and my biggest supporter. Not only does he make my life better, he makes me be a better person.
- Living with my Husband – after almost two years of living apart, there are few things better than knowing that I get to come home to him at the end of the day.
- My Family – I have an amazing family who has been super supportive of the craziness of the past few years. I miss them all dearly and often wish we could all live in the same (warm) place.
- My Friends – They are scattered all over the country, but I have some amazing and wonderful friends. They are always there when I need them most.
- Health –I am very thankful that I am healthy and have never had any real health problems. My allergies may be annoying, but there are not something that really impacts my life.
- The Opportunities in My Life – I have been able to take advantage of a number of opportunities throughout my life and I am very thankful for that. While things have not always turned out as planned, I have learned a lot on every adventure.
- My Job – I haven’t been there very long, but I really enjoy what I am doing and I work with a great group of people. I know that there are a lot of people out there looking for a jobs and I am very thankful for this one.